Do you need to place an Apostille on documents in Kyiv?
We will save you from wasting time on waiting in lines and visiting institutions!
It is always convenient and profitable to order an Apostille affixing in Kyiv in our Agency. Welcome!
Kyiv Regional Translation Agency is your reliable time-tested partner!
We work with government agencies directly, without intermediaries!
What is documents apostillation?
An apostille is a special stamp that authenticates a document from the side of the authorities of the country of its origin.
The Apostille affixed to the documents validates them in the states that have ratified the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961, which cancels the more complicated procedure for legalizing documents between those states.
If you do not know whether an Apostille is suitable for the state you are interested in, call us or check out the List of Hague Convention signatories.
The stamp heading is always in French and reads as follows: “Apostialle (Convention de la Haye du 5 octobre 1961)”.
According to the Convention, the Apostille stamp text can be made in French, English or in the national language of the country of origin of the document.
According to office work in Ukraine, an Apostille stamp is performed only in Ukrainian. Therefore, after you affix an Apostille to a document, a translation of both the document and the Apostille on it is required!
The Apostille stamp which dimensions are at least 10x10 cm always contains the following information:
- The state where the stamp was affixed;
- Full name and position of the person whose signature confirms the Apostille;
- The organization whose seal is affixed to the certified document;
- The city in which the document has been apostilled;
- The date of the document apostillation;
- The authority that has apostilled the document;
- Full name, position and signature of the person who affixed the Apostille;
- Individual Apostille number.
Several government agencies are empowered to affix an Apostille on documents on the territory of Ukraine.
The authority to which it is necessary to apply for an Apostille depends on the authority that issued the document.
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine:
- can apostille documents issued by educational institutions;
- can apostille documents issued by the government agencies, enterprises, institutions and organizations that relate to science and sports.
For example, the Ministry of Education can apostille the following documents:
- Diploma of education;
- Secondary school certificate;
- Transcript of student progress;
- Proof of Student Status;
- Ministry of Justice of Ukraine:
- can apostille documents issued by justice authorities;
- can apostille documents issued by courts;
- can apostille documents certified or issued by notaries.
For example, the Ministry of Justice can apostille the following documents:
- Birth certificate;
- Marriage certificate;
- Extract from the registry office;
- Court decision;
- Power of attorney.
- State Registration Service (subordinate to the Ministry of Justice):
- can apostille documents issued by the State Registration Service;
- can apostille documents issued by its structural divisions;
For example, State Registration Service can apostille the following documents:
- Extract from EDRPOU.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine:
- can apostille documents issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs agencies;
- can apostille documents issued by the State Migration Service agencies;
- can apostille documents issued by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine agencies;
- can apostille documents issued by other agencies, not listed above.
For example, MIA can apostille the following documents:
- Certificate of good conduct;
- Residence certificate;
- Certificate of clinical experience.
An Apostille is not affixed: to documents issued by foreign diplomatic institutions in Ukraine; on administrative documents that are directly related to commercial and customs operations.
Depending on the authorities that can affix the apostille on the document, as well as the document type, the terms for affixing the Apostille can vary from one to forty working days.
For example, affixing an Apostille on a diploma of education issued before 2003 can take about 40 or more working days, as the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine sends a request to the university that has issued the diploma and expects a written confirmation of the fact of its issuance and authenticity of signatures on it.
You can contact us to affix an Apostille urgently, with no hassle.
The Kyiv Translation Agency works with government agencies directly, without intermediaries, significantly reducing the time for affixing an Apostille.
You will also get free qualified advice. Our employees will competently and clearly tell you about the requirements and procedure for your documents apostillation.